Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So Much To Learn

Well, my camera should be arriving any day. I am trying to be patient and keep busy. I decided if I seriously want to take pictures I need to be more proficient on photo editing software. I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop Elements 7 and signed up for a class on how to use it. A couple of my friends swear by the classes off of http://www.jessicasprague.com/ so I decided to give this one a try. The class is actually a digital scrapbooking class using the basics of Photoshop. I did my first layout today and it turned out great if I do say so myself. I do have to remember I was walked through it every step of the way and all the page elements were included, so really it was a no brainer. I did come away with more knowledge on Photoshop which was what I wanted in the first place. The class includes 4 different layouts and what I love is it is at your own pace, and you can go back and view the videos as many times as you want. I know with all the reading I have been doing on my camera and now learning a new program I will forget a lot. Let's face it I am not getting any younger!!! I have to say I do like the Jessica Sprague website and plan on taking her digital photography class next month. If you have a chance check it out.

Well I guess that is about it for now. I am having a grouchy day, I'm going back to bed!!

1 comment:

Melissa C. said...

Too cool... this is right up my alley. Do you have to pay for the class and then by the digital paper and stuff are is it included? I'm going to that website. Too bad you didn't live here... we have a lot of similar interests.