Friday, January 30, 2009

The Good Life?

Okay, let me start out by saying that my husband spoils me rotten. I am a stay at home mom, but every morning my amazing husband gets the kids up, makes their breakfast and packs their lunches and takes them to school. All the while he is doing this I am snug in my bed fast asleep. Of course on Tuesdays I do have to get up early because that is the day someone else comes in to clean my house. Now I do not cook dinner every night, but on the nights that I do cook Brian usually clears the table and does the dishes. I do not know how I was blessed with such a wonderful man.

Of course there is a down side to my pampered life. Brian is a civilian working for the Department of the Army and he does have to deploy for 4 months at a time at least once a year. Life without Brian is so hard, sometimes it can seem unbearable. So why is it when he is home and does so much for me, do I expect more? Is it just human nature to never be satisfied? I don't get it. I know it is wrong. I have everything I could possibly need and even want, yet I always want more. More stuff, more honey dos', more time to myself, more, more, more.

So far I am finding my blog to be pretty dang depressing. But then I am also admitting to myself so many personal defects that I have known about all along but did not want to face. I guess this is free therapy for myself. Only time will tell if it actually has an impact on how I live my life. I hope that I can learn from this and set a better example for my children. Well I guess that is enough for now. I really need to think happy thoughts for next time!!

No comments: