Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snowed In...sort of

We woke up on Monday morning with a nice blanket of snow. Brian decided he was finally sick enough to not go to work because he was not up to shoveling the drive. I talk about our long driveway a lot so I finally took a picture out my bedroom window. The gate you see at the bottom is only about two thirds down the driveway. We still have to shovel past that and down the road a bit. We live at the end of a dead end road so the snow plow does not come up all the way to our gate.
Brian found himself a whistle and sat himself in bed and blew the whistle whenever he wanted something. It was funny at first but lost it's charm very quickly. I spent the day doing my laundry as planned and going through drawers in my bedroom. The boys occupied themselves with their legos they had received for Christmas presents and not yet put together.
I also found time to play with my camera. I was taking pictures out my bedroom window. I was practicing focusing on certain objects. I found this to be not as easy as it may sound. The camera wanted to focus on the larger branches and I had to hold the camera just so and be very steady for it to focus on the small branches.
Well the short work week has started. It is filled with dentist appointments and vet appointments. That is always fun. I guess it is what you make it! I will have to wait and see.

No comments: