Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do You Zoo? We Do!

Today I had the brilliant idea of taking the boys and all 3 dogs to the Opel Zoo. The weather forecast said it was supposed to be partly sunny and a blistering 55. I guess I forgot I live in Germany. It was completely cloudy and grey and in the mid 40s. Despite the clouds we all had a good time. I don't think the dogs have ever walked so far before.

We saw many animals. I finally remembered to buy carrots so the boys could feed the animals. They fed deer, elephant and E even threw a carrot in a hippos mouth not 2 feet in front of him. That was pretty amazing. A hippos mouth is HUGE!!

I think the boys had the most fun at the petting zoo. I guess that goes to show, you are never too old to feed goats and sheep. One goat even jumped up on A's chest. He came back to us covered in poop. It didn't really matter too much the ground was all mud and muck and we were all pretty stinky when we got back to the van.

Brian ended up having the day off today so he was able to join us. He walked Bella the whole time. I think it is so cute to see a tall guy walking a little dog. Sunday Brian has to start working doubles again and has to be at work at 3am.

I am looking forward to starting my photography class Monday. Hopefully I will learn to take some decent pictures while the boys are at Tae Kwon Do. That is about all I have for an update. Til next time.

1 comment:

Melissa C. said...

Super cute layouts. I love the animals pictures too. They're great. I can't find time to blog lately.