Sunday, February 8, 2009

H is for Horse

This weekend has been pretty uneventful. Brian worked on Saturday as usual, but he was home with us today. We had to go into Wiesbaden and Mainz to run errands. We have a very long driveway (125 yards) and at the bottom of the drive there is our neighbors' property where they sometimes bring their horses to graze. When we left today I was happy to see the horses there and knew I wanted to come home and take some pictures of them.

As soon as we got home I grabbed my camera and A grabbed his brothers camera and we went to see the horses. Unfortunatly they were pretty high up on the property when we got there, but we were able to coax one down with some carrots. A had a great time taking pictures and throwing carrots to the horse. A and the horses learned the hard way last year that the rope that makes the fence is actually electric. The sun was not out and the colors were so blah I decided to use sepia tones and I think it looks good with all the rustic equiptment.

I guess that is all the excitement I have to report, unless you want to hear the rantings and ravings of a mother about her "tween" son that is driving me to distraction. I think I will save that for another time!! Til then.

No comments: