Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feeling Old

I have started getting older movies from Netflix. The ones Brian and I used to watch back when we were in school. For some reason the other day Brian thought about the movie "The Great Outdoors" and he decided that would be a good one to watch with the boys. The movie arrived in the mail and we announced that we were going to watch it after dinner. I mentioned to E that the movie was 20 years old and the his dad and I watched it back in high school. He ask "is it in color?" and sarcastically I said no it is not in color and there is no sound in it either. He frantically asked "REALLY?" I think he honestly believed that Brian and I grew up watching silent black and white films.

I remember one time I was talking to the boys about the good ole days and E said "oh you mean back in the 1900's" Talk about making you feel old! Another fond memory I have is when I got an IPOD several years ago and I was searching Itunes for music. I of course love all the 80s and early 90s music I was so addicted to in school, so I did a search for 80's music....it came back as oldies!!!

Where has the time gone? I don't feel old (most of the time). I guess that is just another reason to make every day count. Well that's about it for now. Til next time.

No comments: