Monday, March 2, 2009

Lesson One

Today I got my first lesson and assignment for my photography class. It is so funny, I have many books on SLR cameras and even ones for my specific model, but it wasn't until I watched the video for my class that it finally clicked. I have read about shutter speed and aperture many times but seeing the video really seemed to help me. I guess I am one of those visual learning people. I am just happy that I learned something and I actually believe I will remember it. The lesson this week is on shutter speed. We have to take 2 action pictures one using a fast shutter speed and the other using a slow. This is to show how the object in the photo can come out clear and "frozen" in action with the correct speed.

Of course I want to run out and have the kids jump on the trampoline or do some type of activity for me, but the weather is so gloomy right now. I am praying for a sunny day. I have taken enough photos lately with the drab winter background. If I can't get some sun then oh well, life goes on. I also figure the boys' Tae Kwon Do class would be a good opportunity for me too. I also have to find the tripod in the garage.

I did play with the camera and the shutter speed today to see how it works for low light. Makes so much sense now that I think about it. Instead of using a flash use a slow shutter speed to let more light in. I was amazed to see the difference it made. If I had only known that the night of Evan's dance I would have had better pictures!

It feels so nice to be excited about something. Hopefully the feeling lasts! I need to get some shut eye. Night all.

No comments: