Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quiet Week

This was a pretty quiet week. The boys started their class on Wednesday. They were not very impressed. They were both the oldest kids in the class and of course way bigger than all the 5 and 6 year olds in there. They both felt out of place and did not want to go back. A was also upset that the instructor came over to him and corrected a couple of his kicks. I tried to explain to him that is his job and he is not expected to get it perfect on the first day. Friday's class went better and they both seem to be looking forward to their next class. One bad thing is there is no place for me to watch the class, so I won't be getting any good pictures of them practicing.

I submitted my photos (same ones as posted here) for my class and she said I understood the assignment. The picture with E in it was taken at a little too slow of a shutter speed and it let in too much light but other than that it was good. Just so you know, they are jumping on an exercise trampoline. We were also given a creative assignment for the week. We are to walk around our town and find something interesting that we have never noticed before. Of course many people in the class have already posted their pictures in the class gallery online. I look at some of their pictures and I start to wonder if I really do have the eye of a photographer. One person shot her subject from about the neck down and the camera was tilted and it made for a very interesting photo. I would never have thought to do something like that. I hope this is something you can learn.

Saturday was actually a beautiful sunny day. I had the cleaning bug though and decided to finally tackle by bedroom and clean it GOOD once and for all. Brian worked in the garage for hours and oh my goodness it looks great in there. While we were working away the boys decided to take their bikes and go exploring the neighborhood. They found this great hill where they would walk their bikes up and ride down really fast. They had a great time and Brian and I were extremely happy to seem them outside and being active. Another reason I can't wait for Spring.

Tomorrow if the weather holds Brian has promised the boys that we will pack their bikes on the car and drive out to the fields where the boys can ride and the dogs can run and have fun too. I guess that is about all for now. Til next time.

No comments: