Saturday, March 14, 2009

Life Changes

It was another quiet week. That is not a bad thing, either. The boys are still not thrilled about Tae Kwon Do. The teacher said there was still room in the other class that has kids their own age, so I am going to see if that is actually true next week. I think they will be more comfortable in that class.

My photography class this week was on aperture. Aperture probably is the most important thing to learn and has the biggest impact on how a picture looks. It is very fun to play with. It controls your depth of field. What that means is it can focus on the subject and blur the background in order to make the subject stand out better. I also figured out on my camera how to use the 11 focal points to focus exactly where I want to. The focal points are the little marks when you look through the viewfinder. Whenever I tried to take a picture it always wanted to focus on whatever was closest to the camera. So I was extremely happy to figure out how to focus on what I want instead of what the camera wants.

This week I finally decided it was time to change the way I eat. I had gastric bypass over 7 years ago and since then I have never changed what I eat. Since the surgery I definatly eat less, but I still eat junk. I cut out all sweets this week and I am eating vegan til dinner. So that means no meats or dairy til dinner time. I also started eating only whole wheat bread. I was a white bread girl growing up and always bought white bread for the family. I am amazed how easy it has been so far. Usually whenever I "diet" I do well for a day or two then I think I deserve a reward and eat chocolate. This week I had sweets in the house and they did not tempt me at all. I do not consider this a diet, it has got to be a permanent change. I am hoping my example will rub off on the kids. Eventually it will just switch for everybody. The only difference I have been doing so far is, if I am making something for the guys that I do not think is healthy enough, I will throw a piece of chicken or fish on the George Foreman for me.

That is all the news about us. I am looking forward to quiet week number 3!!!

No comments: