Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Weird Science

I think today may have been my cleaning lady's last day. I know, GASP!!! Can you believe it? After two years of not cleaning my own house I am actually considering doing it myself? The reason I got a cleaning lady in the first place was when I was PTA president for the boys' school and I was doing A LOT of volunteer hours. So truth be told I do not need her anymore. But of course that is not the reason I am letting her go. She only shows up half the time and her quality of work has really went downhill. Not to mention in 2 years she has went through 3 vacuum cleaners and broken numerous things in the house.

So what else is new and exciting in the Hosman household? It is science fair week and we have been working fast and furious to help A finish his project. It is how magnets can generate electricity. Brian and A had loads of fun making the project, although I must say I think Brian had more fun. Anything electrical always gets Brian's attention.

My photo assignment this week is on focusing. We are supposed to take a picture but not center the subject. We need to practice on placing the subject to the left or right of the frame. Sounds
easy enough, right? Well not so much when you are working with dogs!! Let me tell you those mutts would not cooperate one little bit. All they wanted to do was lick themselves and that does not make for an attractive picture.
A few weeks ago I found out my niece is getting married in Vegas and I get to go! I am so excited I can't even put it in words. I am excited about seeing ALL my family and I am excited about getting away before Brian has to do his next little "trip". I am going alone and that is so big for me because I rarely get away. I wish Brian and I could get away just the two of us. We have not taken a trip without the kids in, well forever!!! We are lucky if we can get away for a date night. But back to Vegas. I am stressin' just a bit. I want to take lots of pictures of the whole wedding day, but I do not have a good lens for low light. I want something that will be a good all around lens. I have been searching and reading everything to get many different opinions and think I may have found a good choice. It is a 28-75mm with a fixed aperture of 2.8. So basically that means it should be wide enough for larger groups (I hope) but zoom in enough for more intimate shots. The 2.8 means it should let in enough light to work in a low light setting. I am not getting it just yet since Amazon is usually super quick, I should be able to hold off and do a little more research. I guess that is enough rambling for now. I need to hit the hay.

No comments: