Saturday, March 21, 2009

What a Week

Boy am I exhausted!!! I spent over 3 hours outside in the glorious sunshine but not warm weather cleaning my van. I scrubbed, vacuumed, polished and washed. Seriously though, this is very sad to admit, I have had this van 9 months now and this is the first time I have washed it by hand. I clean the inside and have ran it through car washes but never done it all at once myself.

So my new eating style is going very well. Week two is coming to a close and I still have not cheated once and do not seem to have any cravings. I have cut red meat out of my diet completely and stick to chicken and fish a few nights a week. I am still struggling with the idea of cutting dairy out completely. Truthfully this would not be a bad idea since I am lactose intolerant. I take my multi vitamins daily now and added a calcium supplement so I don't think that should be a problem. I found a "butter" spread for my toast so I have that covered now. I still put creamer in my coffee but I think after I finish off my last bottle I will switch to non dairy creamer. That only leaves my yogurt which I have a cup of about every other day. Today after I came in from outside I wanted a warm lunch and had picked up some Morning Star veggie cakes in Ginger Teriyaki flavor. I was not too convinced I would like them but thought it was worth a shot. I was very pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed them very much and will definitely buy them again. Today I am trying Boca Burger veggie burgers for dinner.

Unfortunately the weight I have gained in the last couple of years is not "falling" off like I had hoped it would, but I am not discouraged. At least I know I am being more healthy and no more weight will sneak back on. I am going in the right direction finally. I have not added exercise in my daily routine yet. I kept saying once I get my eating figured out then I will worry about exercise. I guess I do not have anymore excuses!!

This week was crazy hectic. The boys had their TKD class 3 times this week. Brian and I had a pretty good routine going. I picked up the boys from school and dropped them off at his work and then he took them to class. I then would go to the commissary (if needed) and get home to make dinner and have it ready when they got home. The boys also had their dentist appointment and got their new retainers. There is no wire on the front of their teeth because they are made to push out their teeth. Both my boys need more room on top for their permanent teeth to come in. So you do not even know they have a retainer until they talk!! I also had to get the 2 Yorkies to the groomer this week by myself. That was fun, but they look so cute now and smell way better. With all this going on this week seemed to just fly by. I guess that is about it for us. Til next time.

No comments: