Monday, April 20, 2009

Nothing Special

Things around here have been pretty uneventful. The boys were out of school Friday. That evening we got a sitter and went out to dinner with a group of friends. We went to a Brazilian steakhouse. It was different. There really is no menu, just for drinks. There was a small salad bar and you were given unlimited fries. Throughout the evening they bring you grilled meat on a sword and serve it to each person. There was chicken, different cuts of beef, pork and veal. I liked the chicken the best. You can eat as much as you like and you can request any of the meats over again. We asked for the chicken a second time. I was completely stuffed. Needless to say I gained 2lbs.

Saturday Brian worked and then that evening we went to see Fast and Furious. It was pretty good and the boys loved it. Sunday was a day of work. Brian got the boys downstairs and had them clean their rooms and the playroom. He also had them vacuum the hallway downstairs. Brian then began to put together the desks we bought for each of the boys. Of course he opened up the first box and it was broken. We have to go exchange it on Tuesday. Luckily none of the other boxes were damaged. So E has a new desk in his room and he seems to like it. He actually did his homework downstairs last night. While the men were downstairs cleaning and working I was upsairs slaving away. I came to realize something, I really, really, really HATE housework. Now I know why I had a cleaning lady. Why did I fire her again? The sad thing is all I cleaned was the four bathrooms, the living room, dining room and kitchen. I did not touch any of the 6 bedrooms. It still took me hours!! I can hear all of you now, "you poor thing" I know I am such a baby!

Today I picked up the boys from school and when I got A home I took his temperature and it was over 100. He said he was not feeling well, but I was not sure if he was faking or not. I guess not! So no school for him tomorrow. I am on the countdown til my Vegas trip. I fly out in 16 days!! I am so excited! That's it for now. Til next time.

1 comment:

Angy said...

Just so you don't feel alone on the many hours it takes to clean. I spent all afternoon Friday while the packers were loading the truck scrubbing the walls with the magic eraser and filling in nail holes. I was working for about 5 hours and only got the top floor done. And this was a new house so there weren't all that many marks or nail holes. It just TAKES that long to gently rub, then wipe down the baseboards and move on. Man was I tired. Then Saturday, James and I cleaned the house and that took about 8 hours - in an EMPTY house. He cleaned the entire kitchen including stove and fridge. I did the bathrooms and then started on the walls downstairs with my Magic Eraser. I actually went through 9 of those little dudes. Crazy!