Friday, May 15, 2009

The Latest In My Life

It seems like forever since I have posted on here. You have probably almost written me off. Planning for my trip took up more of my time than I thought. I flew into Las Vegas on Wednesday, a day before anyone else arrived. Thursday morning I took the opportunity while I was still alone to get a hot stone massage and facial. I have had a few hot stone massages before, but this one was WAY better. It was 70 minutes of pure heaven which is kinda fitting since the price was astronomical, but worth every penny!! The facial was a complete waste of money.

Thursday afternoon my sister and her family arrived. I shared a room with my niece and her beautiful baby girl. Our room was attached to my sister and brother in law. I was so blessed to have all this quality time with my family. To be able to share all the intimate details of the wedding was beyond wonderful. Truthfully Las Vegas I could take it or leave it. I am not a gambler and granted I did not explore the city at all, but the time with my family was so precious I would not have changed a thing.

Friday the rest of my family arrived, along with everyone else who would be attending the wedding. We had a nice dinner that night. Everyone who came in for the wedding with the exception of my other sister and her husband. It was a fabulous evening of eating and drinking. I love it when my all my family gets together. We always have a great time. It was pretty funny actually. The brides family was at one end of the table and the grooms was at the other. Let me tell you the brides end was a lot louder than the grooms with all our laughter.

Saturday, my sister, my two nieces and myself went to get our hair done. I was supposed to get just a shampoo and blow dry. When I got in the chair the lady said your should have your hair cut "this way". It was what I asked my normal beautician to do but she would not cut off that much, so I had her cut it. While she was cutting she said you should let me do you makeup. I said sure. Then when she started my makeup she said she did not like my eyebrows and I let her shape them as well. The hair cut sucked big time and I of course regret it. Fortunately I am not one of those people who obsess over their hair. It always grows back. I was supposed to be at the salon to take pictures of my nieces while they got pampered. I did finish in enough time to get quite a few good pics.

The wedding was so beautiful. My niece was a vision and the groom was incredibly handsome. A side note on the groom: I had never met him before and I really liked him. He seems like a very sweet and patient guy and I think the two of them will be very happy. The ceremony was short but perfect. The chapel was very nice and looked incredible.

Sunday was a day of rest. My sister and niece finally got to relax and let their hair down. We had a great Mother's Day breakfast with my whole family before my brother and his wife flew out. That evening my parents, my niece and her new hubby and my other niece and myself went to a dinner show "Tournament of Kings" I have to say that was toward the top of my list of highlights. The show was very entertaining and the food was good. I wish the boys would have been there. They would have been in awe.

My flights both ways were uneventful and although very long, my seats were good and I was not uncomfortable the whole way. I left Las Vegas at 10:30am Monday morning (Vegas time) and arrived home 10:30am Tuesday morning (Germany time). It was 15 hours of travel time. I am finally over my jet lag. My house is clean and my bags are all unpacked. I do have some laundry to do still but all in all it is back to life as usual. Brian is supposed to be on a plane in 9 days and I am not looking forward to it. Truthfully I think I am in denial. I think I have rambled on long enough. I guess that is enough for now. Til next time.

2 comments:

Melissa C. said...

Sounds like fun. I love Las Vegas. I'm sure it was nice to see your family. I'd love to see some Vegas pictures. I want to shoot Vegas at night. My class is over and I'm releive

Angy said...

Okay, time to blog but not time to email me? What's up with that? JK Sounds like you had a great time! can't wait to see some pics. Car is in Bremerhaven and should be here by Friday or Monday! WooHoo. Still in the hotel but have a lead on a great house. Just waiting for the current tenants to PCS. Still need to meet with the landlord but otherwise it works great!