Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another Year Older

Today is my birthday. Wow, 36 years old. I am officially closer the 40 than 30. I remember 26 being a hard birthday for me. Thinking that 30 was right around the corner. I do not feel that way this year. Brian had to work today until about 1pm. I decided I wanted to go to Ramstein (a town about an hour away) to eat at Chili's. Unfortunately the dinner left much to be desired, but all was not lost. After we ate I suggested we head over to the PX to look for some shorts for Brian. His were getting way too worn and even had holes in some of them. I walked upstairs to look at the clothes and was VERY pleasantly surprised by a big display of Vera Bradley purses. They have never sold them here before and I love VB bags!! I bought two large bags that will work for my Vegas trip. They are big enough to use as a purse and still hold my camera and extra lenses or whatever.

Poor Brian has horrible allergies this season. His eyes are always bothering him, he has sinus pressure and even has to get up in the middle of the night to use his inhaler. After all this you would think he would go to the doctor, but not Brian. I think he likes to suffer.


Monday the boys are back in school. I have to say it was a nice week. Just kinda a lazy, relaxed week. I enjoyed it and would not mind one more!! But I guess it is back to normal life. You know TKD, dentist appointments and who knows what else.


I took this picture of me earlier this week. My camera has a remote control and I was trying to learn how to use it. It really is amazing what you can learn just by reading the manual!! Anyway it is me al natual. No makeup, blemishes and crows feet out there for all to see. I came to a realization this week. It is something that many people have told me and I knew it was true but I actually saw it this week. I do not lose weight if I don't drink water!! How simple is that? You 'd think I would be gulping it down by the gallon. Well I am now!! My weight loss completely stopped and I actually kept going up and down within a 2-3 pound range. Now that I started my water again I am back at my 9 pound mark and hope to add to that this coming week. That is about it for now. I am going to watch some TV with the guys. Til next time.

3 comments:

Melissa C. said...

Happy Birthday. Wow, you're brave!! I don't see any blemishes or crows feet though!! Hope you had a great one. My daughters is on the 12th.

Angy said...

Happy Birthday!!! We called today but no answer. You look great! Love seeing you after all this time. Makes me miss you even more. I totally agree about the water thing. I don't think I have been drinking enough either.

Angy said...

Whoops! Forgot to say - WHAT? No pictures of the new VB bags? Come on put those classes to use. JK