Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Our Many Adventures

We have had some interesting adventures to say the least with our new found hobby. Sunday we went out geo caching near Brian's work. It is out near many orchards and back roads so we thought it would be a great place. We parked in the small parking lot at Brian's work and got the boys' bikes off the car. They rode around while we got the coordinates in the GPS and got the dogs ready. In this short time E took a horrible spill on his bike. We are not quite sure how it happened but he went over the top of his bike and has road rash on both arms and legs, a bruise on his chest and his helmet was broken in the front. I am such a believer in bike helmets now. If he was not wearing one I don't even want to imagine what would have happened!! We figured our day of fun was over before it started. We put the dogs back in the car and packed the bikes back up and decided to try to find at least one in the car. We ended up finding two and E was out there looking by the second one.

Monday Brian got off work early and wanted to go back out again and find another cache. We decided to head in another direction from our town and he found one that he said would be good. We took the dogs but thought we would leave the bikes at home for this one. It said that the last 100 meters were uphill. Yeah, right!!! The whole stinking thing was uphill! It ended up being about a mile and the incline just kept increasing the entire way. I was so exhausted. Luckily Brian thought to bring his walking sticks. He took one and I took one and they really helped! Once we got to the top the view was pretty good. You could see Frankfurt, but unfortunatly it was pretty hazing out. A was the one to find the cache this time, much to his brother's dismay.

Tonight I decided I wanted to go out to dinner. Brian agreed as long as we went to find a cache on the way. Can you say addiction!! Sure enough he found one online and we went looking for it. We looked for about 30 minutes in the general location and didn't see it. Finally I checked my Iphone for a hint and there was one in german. After a quick translation on my phone we found out that it was hidden in the wall. That was all it took for A and he found it in a matter of seconds.

This is the last week of my photography class. My assignment was on composition. We learned about different rules you should follow to make a photo more appealing. I used A as my subject again. The first photo of the collage is what I submitted for my class but I liked all three so much I wanted to put them on here. I guess that is enough for now. Til next time.

1 comment:

Melissa C. said...

I've heard of that. It sounds like fun. Those are some battle wounds. Thank goodness he had a helmet on!! Great pictures.