Sunday, January 3, 2010

Catching Up

Six months between blogs is apparently too long. The reason I know this is because of the hate mail I keep getting from my many fans of my blog. Now it seems I am so far behind I can't catch up. I am not going to let that stop me though. It's a new year and a new start. I have been keeping busy especially since Brian came home from Afghanistan in October. He took leave starting November 1st and then we went to the states just before Thanksgiving.


Our trip to the states was filled with many adventures and lots of fun times. We spent Thanksgiving with Brian's family and then the Saturday after Thanksgiving we headed to Disneyland. Boy, I realized how old I really was after walking around the park on the first day.


We stayed at the California Grand hotel and was that ever nice. We had our own entrance into both parks and it made it very convenient. We could even watch the fireworks from our room every night. I did not take my good camera with me because I knew I would be too lazy to tote it around so our pictures leave much to be desired but you get the idea. We spent two days in the Disneyland park and one day at the California park. Then we took a day and went to Universal Studios and also went to a Medieval Dinner show. The boys had so much fun. The trip was their Christmas present and I do not think they were disappointed.

The pictures with the characters were taken at the restaurant in our hotel that we ate breakfast at every morning. It was a great place to eat with lots of music and fun. The last time Brian and I were at Disneyland was Brian's Grad Nite over 19 years ago! They did not even have California Adventures back then. My favorite ride was definitely The Tower of Terror. It was a free fall and lots of fun. The boys could not get enough of California Screamin'. I think they rode it 3 or 4 times.


We rode almost all the rides except It's a Small World (I know, it's a classic!) and we were not able to ride Splash Mountain, it was not running.



This is me and the boys waiting for the Bug's Life 3D show to begin. We have our 3D glasses on and we are sitting under a huge ball of dung.



There is so much more I have to write. Unfortunately I have been working on this one post for waaay to long. I really do not like how it adds the photos and it takes me forever to get them just so. Anywho I am done for today. I do promise there will be more to come very soon.

Til next time.
.

No comments: