Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Been Too Long

Wow it has been forever since I have written on here. My niece scolded me earlier today so I thought I would at least put something down. I am sure everyone knows Brian is gone for his four month deployment. It is always so hard to say goodbye. Before he left we tried to make the most of what time we had left. I booked an amzaing room at a hotel right next to the biggest amusement park in Germany. We were able to walk right into the park from the hotel. We stayed and rode rides for about 5 hours the first day and then went back to the hotel to swim in the pool. The boys had so much fun and I would love to go again.

After getting back from Europa Park Brian was driving the boys to school and Evan won tickets to another amusement park on the radio. That meant more rollercoasters. We only spent the day at Holiday Park and it was smokin' hot but we still had fun. After all that it was just driving back and forth to the airbase to see if they would release any seats for Brian to fly out. Friday he will have been gone two weeks.

This last week a very dear friend that I have had for 12+ years flew in from Italy with her boys for a visit. It has been a fabulous time. I always enjoy visiting with her and our kids are all around the same age and get along famously. Sadly they leave on Sunday, but then I only have til Tuesday when I fly to the states for 8 weeks. I decided I did not want to do another summer in Germany without Brian so I am going to stay with family. I am going to spend one month with my parents in Oregon and then one month in Fresno and Coalinga with my sister and Brian's family. I am really looking forward to it. I am just ready to be done with the whole long flight with 2 boys and 2 dogs!!!

Well it is very late and I need to get some sleep. I will try to add some pictures on here soon, I promise! Night all.

No comments: