Thursday, February 25, 2010

Say It Isn't Snow

Wow! What a long winter we have had. And just think we weren't even here for the whole thing. I am so thankful for our vacation over Christmas. It got us away from the snow if only for a few weeks. Don't get me wrong. Snow is beautiful. But I would rather go somewhere to visit in the snow than live in it. Maybe if our house was not so hard to get to I might feel different. My biggest fear is Brian will deploy during a hard winter and I will be stuck here. It takes Brian 2-3 hours to snow blow our driveway and road just so we can drive out. I cannot even begin to imagine how long it would take me.
This pictures shows about half of the actual driveway that the cars are parked on. Then you can see down to the gate, past that you go down the road a bit and there is a turn and you have to continue down the road about another hundred feet until you get to the actual main street. Until the main street all that road is our responsibility because we are at the end of a dead end street. The plow guy does come up to our gate sometimes. I have gotten the van stuck twice this year and was not able to make it up to the house.

On top of the dangers of snow and ice this year I decide to go and fall down my stairs here at the house. I was carrying laundry downstairs to put in the wash and I fell down about 7 stairs. The stairs curve at the bottom and I went head first into a wall and then continued the rest of the way down. My whole right thigh was a massive bruise with more bruising on my left leg as well. Let's just say I am ready for Spring and a change of pace. I better hit the hay. Six in the morning comes so quickly. Til next time.

No comments: