Thursday, January 29, 2009

A New Beginning

It seems like I have just existed the last few years. I do not recall much and that seems very sad to me. My children are becoming grown men before my eyes and I need to capture moments and cherish every day instead of looking to the future. You know what I mean, I can't wait for the weekend or when we go to... I miss out on the little things everyday and I finally realize it. I decided to start this blog because I am away from all my friends and family and I don't want them to miss out either.

So today is my new beginning. I am going to try to appreciate every day, every moment. The good, the bad, and you know the rest. I hope this blog can help me stay focused. There is only one problem. You know that word "willpower"? Well that is exactly what it is to me. A word. I never seemed to have it. I think when I was in line to get all my attributes I got out of the line for willpower and got an extra dose of sarcasm. All I know is, if blogging is like dieting I am in major trouble!!!

So on top of starting this blog and another reason for starting it I should say is the new hobby I decided to try out, photography. I am getting a digital slr camera and I have been reading everything I can about it. I can't wait to start taking pictures. One thing I always remember about my dad as a child is he always took pictures where ever we went. I always thought that was the coolest thing. If we were on vacation, at a sporting event or whatever, I knew I could remember it because my dad always had his camera. One of the downfalls of living in Germany though is the shopping aspect. You find something you want and you have to order it on the Internet and wait. I am not good at the waiting part. I am definitely into instant gratification. I guess it just gives me more time to read and learn before I jump in head first.

Well I am off to make memories with my kids. Til next time.

No comments: